Sunday, July 18, 2010

Worth the wait.

My long awaited Saarinen coffee table has arrived all the way from Italy & it was worth the wait (3 months). I am SO happy to get to live with this classic piece! This table is part of designer Eero Saarinen's tulip series designed in 1957.

Thanks to my brother for helping yesterday with so many miscellaneous handy tasks, but getting the marble onto the tulip base being the most important.


































































My nephew, Tristan, at 6 months already enjoying a furniture classic. Doesn't a baby suit my living room? Until he's a bit older and wants to "color on my furniture" as my brother likes to put it... Yikes!



















Happy Sunday!
xo

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! ;) What a great table!

Designwali said...

so worth the wait. my dream is to get the dining table version...one day.

Josie said...

Lou, it looks beautiful! It fits so perfectly in your space. Everything is coming together hun! xoxox