Sunday, July 11, 2010

Slowly but surely, it will come together.

Some progress on the home front this weekend - the wonderful Andrew Fenech (my electrician & Josie's brother in law!) hung my Maurice pendant in my bedroom. It took 5 hours (trickier than expected!) but he did a fabulous job. He'll be back soon to get the dining room set up for the arrival of my Sphere pendant, as well as to install dimmers. At last, mood lighting is underway...

Here are a few shots of the bedroom - still to come, an upholstered headboard, and a DIY side table project.





































Next up, a change of dining room chairs! My dining area was feeling a bit too matchy matchy modern. My goal was to have some tension of old & new, or some industrial edge.
I was depending on the lighting to break up the modern in the space but I wasn't able to find the right pendant in my budget. After my trip to Hardware last week, seeing those wooden French bistro side chairs, I could not stop obsessing about them. I knew by switching up the chairs from ultra modern, to a more vintage look it would finally give my space what I was looking for. Success! Not only are the chairs a much smaller scale, helping make the small space feel airier, the vintage look completely changed the space.

Before...















After...



















Another fun vintage item found at the Aberfoyle market last weekend, a map from 1690 with a focus on my Quebec roots!







































More good news, my Saarinen is almost home... It is being delivered Friday of this week! Stay tuned for pictures of the long awaited ;-)

Have a great week! xo

3 comments:

Eat Pray Run Lose Love said...

ohhhh, I love! Good call on the chairs! Where did you get your white frame? Its gorgeous.

MLG said...

The white vintage frames are courtesy of Miss Melissa... They're usually found at all the vintage markets (at least I feel as thought I see them everywhere now). There's no glass right now, but I kind of like it! xo

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Love the Graham & Brown wallpaper. Can you tell me where you bought it?