Sunday, August 8, 2010

Leave it to Dad.

My Dad paid me a visit over the weekend, and I put him to work.  Seriously.  We accomplished a ton (or should I say he did!).  I'm t-i-r-e-d... But I feel much better now that many things have come off the check list!  He's a machine my Dad, a handy machine.  And it's 100% for sure, testing a man's handy skills is going to be part of the dating process.  I must find a husband who doesn't just look good in a tool belt, but knows how to use it.

We started off with my headboard delivery from the wonderful Barbara at Armchair Revolution.  I chose a beautiful cotton fabric from InVu, and wanted nailhead trim.  I kept it simple after going back & forth on whether or not I wanted tufting, and I'm glad I did.  I like the simplicity of it, and am thrilled with how well it turned out.

Photobucket

We hung my vintage letters in the dining area.  Love how this turned out, and thanks to my Mom (who's a cleaning machine) no more rust!

Photobucket

We did a ton more, including painting the metal conduit to my new pendant in the bedroom, mounting my flat screen TV to the wall, sealing my concrete floors, adjusting all uneven doors to the best of Dad's ability (floors are incredibly not level), and hanging lots of art.  I'm too tired to post more pics!

We also had a peak at an open house in my building, which was the exact same layout as mine.  Asking price was $305, reduced to $297.  I was worried sick to go look at is as I was scared it would be a million times better than mine & I'd be left feeling ripped off.. But hooray, it was not even close!  It had ugly finishes, the floors were very cracked, and way more uneven than mine!  It had more flaws than I can count.  Left me feeling much better about my investment! ;-)

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
xo

No comments: