Saturday, September 24, 2011

Inspired (again)

It's been awhile.  I know.  It's just I've found it difficult to find inspiration of late.  Feel like my creative energy is all being used up at work.  Spent a few days in Boston last week, and visited a store I'd not been to before - Arhaus - and fell in love.  Arhaus is a furniture/home decor chain found across the USA.  I must say, they would fit right into the Canadian market.  The aesthetic ranged from updated traditional to modern, and even rustic.  All merchandised with trend right accessories, and an eclectic feel.  You could furnish your entire home there, trust me.  Some of my faves:


Vintage inspired pendant - would love this mixed in a modern space.


The Chesterfield Sofa is a key shape this season, and a classic worth investing in.


Always love felt pillows, but especially loved this centred application.


If you know me, you know I love butterflies.  This vintage feel had me seriously wondering if I should consider carrying on...


This glass lamp with gold detail felt like a treasure from the 1960's.  Gold has really re-surfaced as a key trend in home.


Love the organic top with clean, modern base.  It's all about the juxtaposition people!


Hair on hide modern seating - must, must have cowhide!

On a personal note, I finally found a chair for my living room at HomeSense (I happen to know a super cool buyer there, he he).  A small scale, top grain grey leather mid-century chair has finally made it home.   Come visit ;-)



Happy Weekend xo




1 comment:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

That is a fabulous chair! The buyer has great taste ;) I never see leather in my local HomeSense. Hope it pops up in more stores soon.